EmbTrak Elite Implementation
EmbTrak Elite integrates with other systems to provide a complete solution to the needs of decorated products businesses. Implementation time for installation and training will vary depending upon the scope of integration desired, the size of your business and the components to be installed. The information below is intended to provide an idea of what is typically required. Times are business days and include not just the work, but also the lags of normal business communication and interference between schedules. Note that because the Express version does not have interfaces or allow use of Scheduling or Production Management, Express implementation is similar to implementation of Elite Base.
The success of your business hinges on developing and using business processes which give you the edge over your competitors. EmbTrak embodies business processes and best practices we have identified or originated over the past fifteen years working with the most successful decorators in North America. We will work with you and your staff to implement EmbTrak in a way which leverages the software to support business processes which meet the unique needs of your company.
Installation 1 to 2 days. The Base module provides built-in integration with QuickBooks, sales order entry, catalog support, work flow, work orders, reporting and management of customers, products, art and coloring. We will remotely install your EmbTrak database and teach your IT resource to install the Elite program on each workstation on the network.
Business Configuration 4 days. The EmbTrak database is initialized with industry standard values for data lists, such as decoration positions and art statuses. Workflow routing begins with a default series of operations. EmbTrak will work with your project leader to initially revise these values to match your requirements. After training is complete, another review will be done to ensure that the go-live values recognize the unique needs of the company while fully leveraging EmbTrak’s capabilities.
Data Import 3 days. The following types of information can be imported into EmbTrak:
- Design files (.AI, .PDF, .DST, .XXX, .UOn, .JPG, .PNG, .BMP). EmbTrak has developed an import utility which can automatically import your current art files into a new designated file folder and record metadata (data about each file) into the Elite Design Library.
- Fabric background bitmap files. EmbTrak provides all new users with a set of bitmap files which are used to create simulated fabric backgrounds for .AI and stitch file images. We can import additional bitmaps at any time.
- Customers and Products. EmbTrak can directly import your product and customer lists from QuickBooks and optionally create customer account numbers in the process. Account numbers are highly recommended for growing organizations.
- One time imports can be done for information from other sources but will require additional time.
Training 14 Days. Training can be done either primarily on-site or primarily using remote technology such as GoToMeeting. The on-site option is more expensive and will necessarily take members of your staff away from work on a few back-to-back training days. With the remote approach, teaching can be done in smaller groups for shorter periods of time spread over multiple days. This encourages trainees to use EmbTrak between training sessions and lessens disruption in their daily work. The following presumes a remote approach.
- Train EmbTrak Administrator and Power Users. 10 hours in 1 to 2 hour sessions spread over two week period. Your EmbTrak Project Leader should attend this training.
- Train Customer Service Reps. 5 hours in 1 to 2 hour sessions spread over two week period. Starts after first week of EmbTrak Administrator and Power User training.
- Art and Color Users. 8 Hours in 1 to 2 hour sessions spread over two week period. Starts after first week of EmbTrak Administrator and Power User training.
- Follow up training for all users 30 days after Go-Live. 1 Hours for question/answer.
- Follow up training for all users 60 days after Go-Live. 1 Hours for question/answer.
Elite Interface and Business Rules Engine-Optional
This module is required to automatically interface with other systems. These can include web sites, web stores, InkSoft, and other design studio products and ERP systems such as SAGE ERP 300, SAP Business One and Dynamics. EmbTrak staff will provide a time and cost projection for any automatic interfaces required.
Elite Production Management and Barcode Shop Floor Control-Optional
Training and Configuration The installed EmbTrak database includes default machine, labor and operations data which provides a starting point for configuration of these modules for screen print, embroidery or both. Your site specific machine configurations will be added as part of the 10 hours training for the Production Manager/Supervisor and Schedulers. Supervisors can use provided illustrated handouts to train production workers in the use of the barcode scanning system.
Implementation of these modules should not start until at least 30 days after the Elite Base Go-Live date. This will give the production supervisors and operators an opportunity to become comfortable with the printed work orders and the general workings of the EmbTrak system.
This area is one where on-site training is recommended over remote training. 7 Days, either remote or on site. Follow up training of supervisors for 1 hour after 14 days, 30 days and 60 days.